The Fuyu Persimmon is an orange-colored fruit that is firm, crispy and delicately sweet when not fully ripe and darker, jelly-like and amazingly sweet when fully ripe. You haven’t heard much of Fuyu Persimmons, or perhaps not as much as you would other types of orange fruit. However, what it lacks in popularity is completely made up with a rich, sweet flavor.
How to Store
– Items should be stored in the refrigerator.
– Do not stack product on top of the cases or cause the figs to be crushed.
– Remove any figs with decay, damage or that begin to mold immediately.
– Follow good rotation practices, first shipments received should be used first.
– Fresh fruits have an expected shelf life of about 4 days. Plan to rotate frequently to maintain maximum quality.
– Avoid placing the case or raw product on non-sanitized kitchen counter tops to help prevent the potential for cross contamination.
– Since this fruit is one of the most perishable in our stock, they should be purchased only a day or two prior to consumption
– They should be washed just prior to being used.
– Smelling fruits can also give you clues into their freshness and taste. They should have a mildly sweet fragrance and should not smell sour, which is an indication that they may be spoiled.