Orange bell peppers are the best companion for any salad or main dish! These peppers are identified by their bright golden-red color and distinctive bell-like shape. The skin should be firm, shiny, and bright. The flesh will be slightly thick, very crisp and with minimal seeds and a mildly sweet flavor. Choice grades are identified by their slightly misshapen appearance and can vary in size from small to extra large. Colors can vary slightly from yellow with a green cast to full, bright yellow.
How to Store
– Store immediately covered in a sealed original container in the warmest part of the walk-in cooler.
– Bell peppers are extremely susceptible to dehydration (shrivel and pitting) from cooler fans.
– Bell peppers will turn yellow and pale green from exposure to ethylene gas.
– Always immediately remove decayed bell peppers and discard.
– Do not stack heavy objects on top of bell peppers. They can easily be crushed or bruised.
– Follow good rotation practices, first shipments received should be used first.
– Bell peppers have an expected shelf life of 4-5 days. Plan to rotate frequently to maintain quality.
– Take note: Green bells are more sensitive to chill damage than colored bell peppers.
– Never place the case or raw product on non-sanitized kitchen counter tops to help prevent the potential for cross contamination.
– Prepare as needed. Try not to use a product from the previous day.
– Use the bell pepper completely, do not store partially used product back into the cooler for extended periods of time.
– Bell peppers are field grown and packed and need to be washed prior to preparation.
– Store prepared product in the refrigerator.
There are no reviews yet.