Rosemary should be present in any pantry due to its ability to improve flavors much in the same way as thyme, oregano or sage. Add it to soups, stews or rubs for an added herbal flavor. Rosemary is identified by its silver-green, needle-shaped leaves. The stems should be small and slender. Fresh rosemary will have a distinctive, pungent lemon-pine aroma. Our rosemary has a high leaf-to-stem ratio, a true sign of quality.
How to Store
– Store in the coldest area of the walk-in cooler. Kitchen heat will cause yellowing and wilting, with moisture releasing almost immediately.
– Store in the original container and in the original sealed plastic bag to protect. Do not stack heavy objects on top of cases or allow crushing.
– Keep exposed product away from drafts from the cooler fan. This herb is highly susceptible to dehydration damage.
– This herb is also susceptible to ethylene damage. Store unprotected product away from ethylene-producing fruits where possible. Ethylene damage will appear as yellowing.
– Follow good rotation practices, first shipments received should be used first.
– This herb has an expected shelf life of 3-4 days.
– Avoid placing the case or raw product on non-sanitized kitchen counter tops to help prevent the potential for cross-contamination.
– Limit the time the product is out of refrigeration, do not allow the unused product to reach room temperature.
– Prepare as needed. Try not to use the product from the previous day.
– This herb is washed. However, it will benefit from a quick rinse prior to preparation.
– Store prepped product immediately into refrigeration (covered) upon completion of the prep.
There are no reviews yet.