Italian Parsley is a fresh, aromatic herb where a little bit goes a long way. It has a leaf shape and color similar to cilantro, but the similarities end there. This parsley has a frilly, curled, leaf shape and a dark green color. Curly parsley can be identified by its distinctive, pungent flavor and aroma. Quality parsley should have a high leaf-to-stem ratio. In the summer months, the stems will be thicker and have a lower leaf-to-stem as the herb’s way of preserving itself against the heat.
How to Store
– Store in the coldest area of the walk-in cooler. Kitchen heat will cause yellowing and wilting, with moisture releasing almost immediately.
– Store in the original container and in the original sealed plastic bag to protect. Do not stack heavy objects on top of cases or allow crushing.
– Keep exposed product away from drafts from the cooler fan. This herb is highly susceptible to dehydration damage.
– This herb is also susceptible to ethylene damage. Store unprotected product away from ethylene-producing fruits where possible. Ethylene damage will appear as yellowing.
– Follow good rotation practices, first shipments received should be used first.
– This herb has an expected shelf life of 3-4 days.
– Avoid placing the case or raw product on non-sanitized kitchen counter tops to help prevent the potential for cross-contamination.
– Limit the time the product is out of refrigeration, do not allow the unused product to reach room temperature.
– Prepare as needed. Try not to use the product from the previous day.
– This herb is washed. However, it will benefit from a quick rinse prior to preparation.
– Store prepped product immediately into refrigeration (covered) upon completion of the prep.