Blueberries are small, colored fruits with a white-green flesh that come in different varieties of blue to black. They’re rich and bright in color with a natural bloom. The fruit takes approximately three weeks to ripen and can be eaten raw for a tasty, naturally sweet. Blueberries are perfect for making desserts, sauces and they can even be mixed with other ingredients to create blueberry flavor-induced delights.
How to Store
– Berries should be stored in the refrigerator.
– Do not stack product on top of the cases or cause the blackberries to be crushed.
– Remove any berries with decay, damage or that begin to mold immediately.
– Follow good rotation practices, first shipments received should be used first.
– Fresh berries have an expected shelf life of about 3 days. Plan to rotate frequently to maintain maximum quality.
– Avoid placing this fruit on non-sanitized kitchen counter tops to help prevent the potential for cross contamination.
– Prep fresh daily as needed. Wash only immediately before use.
– Always limit the time that the product is out of refrigeration.