Bean Sprouts are a lovely addition to any dish! In most cases, bean sprouts can be used raw or lightly cooked but should be used as quickly as possible to preserve flavor. These sprouts are identified by their relatively thick, tender ivory-colored sprouts with a golden-yellow leaf stem end. The slightly crunchy texture and sweet flavor of bean sprouts make them a popular addition to a wide variety of recipes. Sprouts must be produced from an HAACP-certified facility such as Deluxe Produce.
How to Store
– Store immediately in the coldest part of the walk-in refrigerator. Kitchen heat will cause rapid deterioration of quality.
– Store in the original sealed bags or boxes, away from drafts from the cooler fan
– Beans sprouts are highly susceptible to dehydration.
– Beans sprouts are minimally sensitive to ethylene gas.
– Do not stack. Compacted bean sprouts can create their own heat and hasten decay.
– Follow good rotation practices, first shipments received should be used first.
– Beans sprouts have an expected shelf life of approximately 2-3 days. Plan to purchase frequently to maintain quality.
– Keep dry and away from moisture.
– Never place the case or raw product on non-sanitized kitchen counter tops to help prevent the potential for cross contamination.
– Prep fresh daily as needed. Try not to use prepped product from the previous day.
– Rinse thoroughly prior to preparation, do not soak for extended periods
– Store prepared product in the refrigerator.