Anaheim Peppers are identified by their pale green color and long, narrow body coming to a pointed end. The skin should be shiny, waxy and bright. The flesh will be slightly thick and moist, with minimal seeds. Anaheim peppers are mildly sweet-spicy, with an overall size of 2.5-3 inches wide and 5-6 inches in overall length.
How to Store
– Store immediately covered in a sealed original container in the warmest part of the walk-in cooler.
– Chilies are extremely susceptible to dehydration (shrivel and pitting).
– Anaheim chilies will turn yellow and pale green from exposure to ethylene gas.
– Follow good rotation practices, first shipments received should be used first.
– Anaheim Chilies have an expected shelf life of 4-5 days. Plan to rotate frequently to maintain quality.
– Never place the case or raw product on non-sanitized kitchen counter tops to help prevent the potential for cross contamination.
– Use the Anaheim completely, do not store partially used product back into the cooler for extended periods of time.
– Anaheims are field grown and packed and need to be rinsed thoroughly
– Store prepared product in the refrigerator.